Those who know me personally are well aware that I bead just about anywhere. I bead on the bus, metro, at university, literally in my classrooms (it helps me to retain information and to focus). I have a travelcamera from Michaels but the issue is that I need a bunch of small bags to sort my beads, and they have been spilling in my back pack alotl lately. *shout out to ky awesome bead sorting volunteer crew, I don't deserve awesome friends like you*
So I've been thinking about a way to sort my beads and carry the least number of compartments possible, and now I'm passing the results along to you!
For this project, you will need:
- A tin box (like a cookie box, I think the Dollar Store has smaller ones too)
- Vellum (beading mat)
- Hot glue gun
- One or two hot glue sticks
- Whatever you want to put in your beading box
- Cut the Vellum to the measurement of the inside of the tin lid
- Put a line of hot glue on one of the inner sides of the lid to secure the base, then add glue every 2-3 inches and press the vellum in place until you have glued all of the beading mat on the inside of the lid.
- If the lid is cold, run some hot water on the top part to heat up the metal. The glue won't dry as fast that way.
And that's it! A simple and practical way to carry your craft materials and work on the go!
What are you going to put in your craft box? Leave a comment and don't forget to subscribe to my monthly newsletter for exclusive posts and items!